Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Piece of My Heart

I would like to dedicate today's post to a very special lady in my life, Sassafrass, my cat.  ...Just kidding.  I'm dedicating to day's post to my mom, Karleen Kenney, for obvious reasons.  I hope your excited mom, because here comes your shout out.
Many of you know my wonderful mother and I hope you would agree with me that she is a marvelous lady. If you don't happen to know her, just trust me. 
I don't think I need to explain to anyone why I love my mother.  She's my mother.  We've had our rough times, still do occasionally.  But along with those rough times come all the good times.  
Our mother- daughter days, our movie days, our baking days, our beach days, our family days, our planned adventures, our not-so-planned-we-might-be-lost adventures, everything. 
I just want to thank you so much for all of those times we've already had, and all the times we will have together.  I want to thank you so much for being my mother.
I want to thank you for always being there when I need you, and especially when I don't.
Thank you for putting up with all the nonsense your family throws at you... especially me.  And dad.  And me and Dad.  And Michael.  And me and Dad and Michael.  And Amanda.  And Jonathan.  And Dad and Jonathan.  And me and Amanda.  I think you get it.
But most importantly, thank you for believing in me.  From choosing the oboe as my instrument, through high school and all that craziness, to drum corps, one of the most random and long lived activities I could possibly get involved in.  From choosing a college, to choosing another college, to wanting to study abroad.  I especially want to thank you for that last sentence.  I know I've put you and Dad through some tough times lately, and I thank you so much for listening and believing.
Sometimes it is extremely difficult to put your feelings into words.  I'm not sure I did myself justice, but I hope you understand just how much you mean to me.  I love you and I can't wait to hug you when I get home, and keep hugging you every time I come home from another insane adventure, of which I'm sure there will be plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment