Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

N is for...

New Experiences.


N was originally going to be for New Zealand, and I mean seriously, what else could N possibly be for?  Except that I don't really have much to post about New Zealand that I haven't already.  Basically it would just be a reminiscing blog and I don't want to do that.  So I will, instead, focus on new experiences and anyone interest in reading about my time in NZ can check out this post or this one. 

New Experiences!  I love doing new things.  Even if they turn out to be pretty suck-y, new things just give a little kick to life.  I've had a lot of new experiences in the past year, going to NZ, traveling around NZ, traveling around cities, abseiling, almost skydiving, etc.  All of those experiences are great memories to have.  Even little things like going to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Fair last fall or the 2012 Northeast Conclave of The Wildlife Society this past weekend (the reason I posted three blogs at once) are great to mix up the daily grind.

Yes, days off are always important.  Give yourself some time to relax, sure, but make sure you get out, too.   There is so must to do, so much to see, and so much fun to be had!  Why would you ever pass it up to sit on your couch and watch reruns on TV?  There are plenty of activities out there, both that require money and ones that don't.  There are plenty of parks around, even stopping by a playground while school is in session and spending some time reliving your childhood is a great way to step out of the ordinary.  Teach yourself to knit or go to a photography workshop.  Like the picture says, try something new! 

A reoccurring theme in one of the books I'm currently reading is the John Lennon quote, "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."  Don't let life go on without you because believe me, it's entirely too short to begin with.

4 comments:

  1. I agree - great post! Stopping in to meet you through the challenge, nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An inspiring thought and a great post :)

    Last year I completed a teacher training course and although it's probably put me off teaching (for the moment anyhow), at least I can say I did it and learnt new stuff and met new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm one of those people who orders the SAME THING whenever we go out to a restaurant we're familiar with. So new experiences...ashamed to say...not so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love new experiences. I took off and backpacked around Africa and Asia for a couple of years and loved it.
    Rhia from Five Minute Piece for Inspriation (about #776 on the A to Z list).

    ReplyDelete