Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Dad, The Scary Teddy Bear

Soooo tomorrow is Father's Day.  Happy Father's Day!!  I am again shouting out to one of my parental units for the assigned parental unit holiday.  However, this blog will sadly not be quite as in depth and emotional (sorry dad).  I love my dad.  There's not too much else to say about it.  It's pretty simple actually.  Let's face it, I'm a daddy's girl.

I've been told by a couple of friends that upon meeting my dad, Mr. Michael P. Kenney, they thought he was kinda scary.  My response to this?  "WHAAAAAAAAAAT?"  In my opinion there's nothing farther from the truth.  He can be scary when he gets really mad, but the chances of that are pretty few and far between.  Kind of like me.  I like to think that I'm intimidating when I get really angry.  Luckily it doesn't happen too often.  Back to dad... So yeah, I don't view him as scary.  I mean, look at him-

In my opinion he's just a big goof ball.  I could go on and on, but I won't.  I will once again let the pictures do the talking.

Basically, he very rarely takes a serious picture.  That may annoy my mom, but it amuses me to no end.  So here is my quick, emotional, ending spiel.  Dad, I love you.  I know I put you through a lot, the same as mom, and I thank you for putting up with it all.  From college visits to high school rockets, from 7th Regiment weekends (and that one parade, you remember that?) to school transfers, and especially study abroad.  I also want to thank you for your sense of humor, monster truck shows, and home baking.  You know I love you and I can't wait to see you in a week.  I better get the best bear hug you are capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment