Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Home

Throughout my 19 years of life, I have ridden in, on, and atop of a lot of different forms of transportation.  Out of all of them, my top three most uncomfortable are rated as thus: 1) Moving to college, 2) Getting lost in Boston with 6 people in a 3 person pickup truck, and 3) going to prom with 6 people (5 in dresses) in a very small car.  Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but whenever I need to move half of my possessions to a new location in one car with three people, I get a little nervous.  Will it all fit?  Will I fit?  Will I be able to move once I do fit?  Well, all three of those questions were answered today (yesterday now, I suppose). 

As you can tell, I made the long trek home today after my first semester at Delaware Valley College, my third semester of college overall.  And as many of you know, I will be going to New Zealand next semester as part of a study abroad program.  So basically I had to pack up and move.  Of course, every time we move all of my stuff I seem to forget quite how much space it takes up.  On the way down to school I could barely move it was so tightly packed.  Luckily, for this trip, my dad thought ahead and brought the car top thingy so we could put stuff up there.  And five or so hours later, I was home.  I have to say it's nice to be home.  I can see my cats, sleep in my own bed, and the best of all?  I don't have to hear all the guys stomping their way upstairs 24/7.  If there's one thing I really can't stand while I'm trying to sleep, it's people with lead feet. 

Oh, and the answers to those original three questions?  Yes it all fit, yes I fit, and yes I could move (a little).

No comments:

Post a Comment